Podcast 26: Closing the gender divide in copywriting
In late 2017, Southbank Investment Research, an Agora company based in London, ran a Copywriter’s Bootcamp as part of a recruitment drive.
For the bootcamp, publisher Nick O’Connor invited aspiring copywriters to join two weeks of intensive copy training from some of the leading copywriters in the industry. At the end of the two weeks, based on their performance, the most promising attendees were invited to work for one of the Agora companies in London.
Out of the 20 attendees, only 7 were selected of which 2 were female, Ellie Daghlian and Sally O’Sullivan. In today’s The Big Idea podcast, Francois Lubbe speaks with both Ellie and Sally about working in a traditionally male environment, how they approach copywriting, and the qualities they believe set them apart from their male counterparts.
- Podcast 1: Find the best direct response talent or accelerate your marketing career (The Bootcamp Method)
- Podcast 18: Marketing Bootcamp Recruits Reflect on Working for The Agora
- Southbank Investment Research
- Politics and The English Language
- Made to Stick
- One Plus One Equals Three: A Masterclass in Creative Thinking
- Hegarty on Creativity: There are No Rules